SAVE THE DATE! - The 38th annual Women of Distinction Awards will take place on Wednesday May 7, 2014 at the Winnipeg Convention Centre.
The YMCA-YWCA Women of Distinction Awards Program is an inspirational and exciting celebration of talent, achievement, imagination and innovation, honouring Manitoba women who have made a unique and exemplary contribution to the development of others in our community.
The annual presentation
of these awards reflects
the Y's commitment to increase
public recognition of these
women who have earned our
admiration and respect.
For further information, please contact the Event Coordinator, Sangeetha Nair, at 204.831.2974 or email email@example.com.
Proceeds from the YMCA-YWCA Women of Distinction Awards support a variety of programs that touch the lives of women, youth and children in our city. These resources bring tremendous societal benefits such as:
- reducing isolation and building connections with the greater community
- creating awareness in regards to violence prevention
- improving self-esteem in young women
- educating female youth on the importance of developing healthy relationships
- providing resources to assist girls in identifying and overcoming negative body-issue stereotypes
Congratulations to the 2013 Women of Distinction Award Recipients!
Check out our Facebook page for pictures from our 2013 Women of Distinction Awards Gala Dinner.
Learn more about our 2013 nominees!
Learn about our 2013 Awards of Promise nominees!